Surprise your customers with the perfect combination of rich creaminess and light freshness in this omelette straight from your kitchen. The lemon and mint cut through the ricotta and a sprinkling of chilli adds a final touch of spice to the palate.
Yield: 1 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Expert tips: For the best result, use room temperature eggs.
1. In a bowl beat eggs, water & salt until well blended.
2. Heat butter in pan over medium-high heat until hot, tilt to coat the bottom.
3. Gently push cooked portions from the edges toward the centre with a heat proof spatula so that the uncooked eggs can reach the hot surface. Continue cooking, tilting the pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
4. When the top surface of the omelette is starting to set, scatter over the spinach, courgette, ricotta, lemon zest, mint & chilli and fold the omelette in half using a spatula.
5. Place a plate over the omelette pan and invert onto the plate. Lightly season the top with salt & pepper and serve immediately.