Simple to prepare, quick to cook and bursting with flavour, these quesadillas are an excellent on-demand addition to your lunch menu. With the warming spice of chorizo, melted mozzarella cheese and black beans, they’re bound to be in hot demand.
Yield: 2 portions
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1. Heat a splash of oil in pan over medium/high heat, add chorizo and fry until crisp.
2. Turn down the heat, add garlic and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add cumin, paprika and chilli flakes, stirring frequently, for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse black beans and add to the pan. Gently mash some of the black beans with the back of a wooden spoon and let cook until heated through – about 5 minutes. Season well with salt & pepper. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
5. In a large mixing bowl add spring onions, cheese, coriander, and cooled chorizo & black bean mix.
6. Spread half the mixture onto one tortilla and top with another. Repeat with the other two tortillas.
7. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pan-fry each quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side.
8. Meanwhile, for the green herb salsa, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. Season with salt.
9. To serve, cut your quesadillas into 6 even triangles, stack on a plate and top with green herb salsa and sour cream.