Made with crispy curry leaves and buttery spiced potatoes as well as the essential bacon, eggs and spinach, this Indian twist on a café classic is perfect as pre-prepared cabinet food or made fresh as a part of your menu.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Expert tips: To preserve the starch and full flavour of the potatoes, we recommend boiling them with the skins on and then allowing to cool before peeling off the skin and cutting into cubes.
1. In a large mixing bowl toss potato in spices and salt.
2. Melt a knob of butter in a fry pan over medium high heat and fry potatoes until crispy and golden.
3. Place bacon on a lined baking tray and grill on both sides until crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
4. Heat a knob of butter in a large fry pan and fry eggs until whites have set and the yolks have started to cook but are still runny.
5. To assemble, spread 1 tbsp chutney on each wrap and top with a handful of spinach, 80g of potatoes, two rashers of bacon and a fried egg.
6. Wrap and secure with a piece of baking paper.