The fried chicken trend is showing no signs of stopping, so this recipe, full of crispy crunchy flavour on the outside and soft juiciness on the inside, is sure to become a favourite.
Yield: 4 serving
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Expert tips: For best results, marinate the chicken in the spices overnight.
1. Mix the chicken with spices until well combined.
2. In a bowl mix together the flour, potato flour, turmeric, curry powder and salt.
3. Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mix, shaking off any excess. Dip in buttermilk and then return to the flour mix.
4. Deep fry at 180°C until golden and crispy and the internal temperature reaches at least 75°C. Allow to drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Season with salt.
5. To assemble the burger, butter and lightly toast the burger buns. Smear a tablespoon of chipotle mayo on the base of each burger bun and top with the shredded iceberg, fried chicken, a slice of cheese, two pickle slices and one slice of tomato. Smear a tablespoon of tomato chutney on the top of each burger bun and place on top.