Add a tasty twist to traditional Corn Fritters to your brunch menu with this quick, extra crispy version. The avocado crema and chilli salsa create a delicious balance of flavours to complement the fritters. Make it vegetarian simply by switching out the bacon.
Yield: 7 servings / 21 fritters
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
1. Add all the fritter ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir until the batter is well combined.
2. Place bacon onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes on 180°, flip halfway through.
3. Blend all the avocado crema ingredients together in a blender and season to taste.
4. In a medium mixing bowl add all the salsa ingredients and mix to combine. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
5. Heat oil in a deep saucepan fitted with a thermometer, or in a deep fryer, until temperature registers 180°C.
6. Deep fry the fritters in batches (approximately two tablespoons of mixture per fritter). Adjust the heat on the oil, as the outsides can darken quickly before the middle has cooked through. Turn the fritters over in the oil ensuring they are fully cooked through and a deep golden brown, about 4 – 5 minutes.
7. To serve, place a large spoonful of avocado crema and smear across the serving plate. Top with three corn fritters, two rashers of bacon and garnish with the tomato & chilli salsa.