Yield: 1 serving
Serving size: 300g
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Expert tips: Ensure you use a large fry pan to allow maximum surface area for the mushrooms to colour & caramelise. This will result in a nuttier, creamier flavour.
1. In a large non stick fry pan, add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic and olive oil. Season well with salt & pepper and cook on a medium high heat until the edges of the mushrooms begin to go golden and the shallots are translucent.
2. Add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, vegemite and thyme and continue cooking, stirring often.
3. When the ingredients have begun to emulsify together, sprinkle over the flour and cook for 30 seconds until the flour is well combined.
4. Add the Alternative Dairy Co Oat Milk and stir continuously until the sauce thickens and is smooth and creamy.
5. Serve immediately on toast and garnish with fresh thyme & flat leaf parsley.